This meal will take you 25 minutes to make, start to finish. Prep time included. I felt the need to state that right off the bat. 25 minutes! For a delicious home cooked dinner!
One thing I never hear people say is, “You know what I need? I need some complicated recipes that take a lot of time to make. And they should have really long lists of ingredients too!” No, everyone wants easy. Not Taco Bell easy, but who wants to come home from work and spend 2 hours cooking dinner? No one! I’m a food blogger and cooking is kind of my job and even I don’t like spending too much time on one meal.
So this recipe is simple. And there aren’t many ingredients either. (Woo hoo!) Although I made this with whole wheat rotini, you can use any kind of pasta you have on hand. If you don’t want to buy broccolini, use a crown of broccoli instead. You can sub out the pine nuts with walnuts or almonds. This recipe is agreeable like that.
Are you looking for more 30 minute or less recipes? Well hey, I just happen to have some! Here are 10 more quick, easy meal ideas:
Oh-So-Easy Broccoli Cheddar Pot Pies
Baby Bella and Kale Casserole
Thai Red Curry Soup
French Bread Pizza with Pesto & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Spicy Mango Pizza with Black Beans & Zucchini
Stovetop Pesto Mac
Loaded Veggie Nachos with Portabella Mushroom Meat
Veggie & Tempeh Sloppy Joes
Pear & Sharp Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Mushroom & Zucchini Quesadillas with Cilantro Pesto
Do you have a favorite quick, easy vegetarian recipe? Share it in the comments below–links are welcome!
Whole Wheat Rotini with Broccolini and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
An easy, delicious pasta dinner that’s ready in about 25 minutes. If you can’t find broccolini at your grocery store, use a crown of broccoli instead.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 oz. whole wheat rotini
- 1 bunch broccolini, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 c. pine nuts
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 c. sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- salt + pepper to taste
- shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese (as much or as little as you like)
- Cook rotini according to instructions on package. One minute before cook time is finished, drop broccolini into pot. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in pine nuts and red pepper flakes (if using) and cook about 2 minutes more. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, pasta and broccolini, and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Divide into bowls and garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese.